Looking to spice up your meal plan game and mix up the old Chicken and Rice combo? This recipe is for you! Plenty of flavour, packed with protein and a generous portion size to keep you satisfied and fuelled ready to take on your fitness goals. Couscous actually has more protein than Brown Rice and has less calories than both White and Brown Rice, so its worth adding it into your meals for some variety. This is a good Recipe to make on a Monday night so you have your lunches prepared for the rest of the week. We added Snow Peas to our Recipe but feel free to add whatever veggies you like or are in season, just to add some extra vitamins, minerals and colour.
Makes: 4 serves
Calories per serve: 591
INGREDIENTS:4 Chicken Breasts
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tspn Crushed Garlic
1/2 tspn Turmeric Powder
500mL Chicken Stock
1 tbsn Red Curry Paste
1 cup Snow Peas (optional)
- Turn the Olive Oil, Garlic, Curry Paste, Mango Chutney and Turmeric in a bowl with a spoon.
- Cut the Chicken Breasts in half.
- Coat each Chicken Breast with the marinade.
- Put the Chicken in the fridge in a sealed container to marinate for at least 20mins. Ideally overnight but most of the time if you're like us, you just don't have time to be that prepared. It's OK, we get it.
- Heat the Oil in a large pan and then add the Chicken. Most pans should fit 4 half breasts at a time so you will need to do this process twice. Cover the pan with a lid to speed up cooking time.
- Cook the chicken for approximately 5 minutes each side. Cut into the largest breast and make sure it is cooked right through before removing them from the heat.
- Prepare your choice of Green veg for cooking.
- Boil 500mL of water in a pot, add 2 Chicken Stock Cubes and turn until dissolved.
- Add Couscous to the stock and cover with a lid. Let stand for 3 minutes and then uncover and 'fluff' up the Couscous by stirring with a spoon.
- Steam the veggies in the microwave.
- Serve the Chicken on a bed of Couscous with a side of veggies and enjoy!