No time? Low Budget? Is this the meal for you! It works out to be around $4 per serve, with 31.7gms of protein per serve. We know a lot of Recipes say they take 20 minutes to make but in reality they take 40. We promise you, this one really will take only 20 minutes from start to finish. It requires no chopping and only one large lasagna tray, a large spoon and a fork, so as a bonus there's hardly any dishes. The portion size is great for lunches or a good dinner meal if you're cutting. We know what you're thinking, Tuna and Rice sounds kinda boring but this Recipe is far from it, with plenty of flavour and colours that are guaranteed to make the gang in the lunchroom ask, "What's that?!"
Makes: 6 serves
Calories per serve: 367
INGREDIENTS:2x 425gms cans of Tuna in Spring Water
175gms Mixed Chargrilled Peppers
50gms Tasty Light Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Spray the Lasagne dish with non-stick cooking oil.
- Open and drain the cans of Tuna. Pour into the lasagne tray and break up the Tuna with a fork.
- Cook the Black Rice in the microwave as per packet instructions.
- Add the Black Rice, Creamed Corn, Charred Peppers, Frozen Peas and Garlic into the lasagne tray and turn the ingredients well.
- Put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the Cheese on top. Now this is very important, remember to restrain yourself with the Cheese. Look at the pictures, it isn't a lot of Cheese but it's enough to give you that little cheesy hit, provide some flavour and hopefully keep your cravings at bay.
- Put back in the oven for 5 more minutes, serve and enjoy.