Chicken pasta is usually creamy, high in fat and saved for cheat meals to avoid ruining your daily macros. It doesn't have to be this way. Even with a teaspoon of Parmesan Cheese, this recipe has only 5.9gms of fat per serve and packs a protein punch of 41gms. The Dijon Mustard helps to give it that creamy taste without the excess calories and the Chargrilled Peppers make this quick and easy recipe taste like something you could get at a Restaurant.
Makes 6 serves
Calories per serve: 378
INGREDIENTS:4 Chicken Breasts
1 Brown Onion
1 Broccoli head (1 cup)
2 tsps Crushed Garlic
2 tsps Dijon Mustard
175gms Mixed Chargrilled Peppers (1 jar)
375gms Vetta High Protein Pasta
50mL Lemon Juice
6 tbs Parmesan Cheese
- Cut the Chicken Breast into cubes
- Dice the Brown Onion
- Turn Up the heat on a large pan and add the Chicken, Onion and Chargrilled Peppers. The oil from the Peppers saves you having to add any cooking oil.
- Boil water in a large pot and add the Pasta.
- Chop the Broccoli.
- Once there are no more pink bits in the Chicken, add the Broccoli, Crushed Garlic, Dijon Mustard and Lemon Juice.
- Once the Pasta is al dente (should take approximately 20mins), drain the Pasta.
- Combine the Pasta and the sauce. Give it a turn.
- Serve with 1 teaspoon of Parmesan Cheese. Resist the temptation to go overboard with the Cheese.