Jump on board the banana bread craze with this healthy twist.
We all have those weeks where we are over ambitious with the amount of fruit we purchase and they start to look a bit worse for wear after a few days of being forgotten and left to their own devices in the fruit bowl. These muffins are super healthy, surprisingly tasty and are a great on the go snack or alternative to reaching for those chips from the cupboard in the afternoon.
Makes 12 Muffins
Calories: 60 calories per muffin
2 ¼ cups oat bran
1 ¼ cups full cream milk (Can substitute for low fat, almond milk, unicorn milk, whatever floats your boat)
10ml Vanilla Essence
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp baking powder
2 egg whites
Canola cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Smoosh banana in a large mixing bowl with a fork, food processor, hammer, kettle bell, bowling ball etc
- Turn all ingredients together in the bowl
- Spray muffin tray with canola oil, line with baking paper, rub coconut oil into each one. Whatever you want to do to stop the muffins from getting clingy so you can live your best life as an independent high functioning adult
- Heat muffins in the oven for approximately 15mins
Turn It Up
You can also mix this recipe up depending on your fruit preference, just substitute the banana to either 8 dates, ½ cup sultanas or ½ cup grated apple with cinnamon
Feel free to reheat the muffins in the microwave and smear some butter or Nuttelex on them to make them less healthy and more tasty. You do you.